Illustrator Align to Artboard

Don't ask me why, but me and the Illustrator Artboard have never truly gotten along.

I had a logo file that I wanted to export as a JPG on a perfectly square background so that it looked good on the client's Twitter and Facebook page. I knew how to get the artboard to be a square but I did not know how to center the logo on the artboard.

A little research with Google found me the answer. (http://kcoppock.wordpress.com/2007/03/18/adobe-illustrator-align-to-artboard/)

First to get the artboard square; File - Document Setup..., hit the "Edit Artboards" button. In the options just under the file menu there is W and H (width and height), choose the same number for both, hit Enter, voila!

Next, getting the logo centered on the artboard.

First I grouped all the objects in the logo (select all objects, right click, group).

Then I opened the Align panel (Window - Align).

On the Align panel I clicked the "Align To" arrow in the bottom right and chose "Align to Artboard".



I selected my grouped object then hit the middle and center align buttons on the Align panel.



Done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flex Advanced Data Grid collapses on refresh

Flex TabNavigator - tab click event?

Add and remove lineseries - Flex LineChart