No more ImageReady

Does anyone else find it annoying that ImageReady was discontinued? Right now I am trying to edit an animated gif, which I would always do in ImageReady, but now that it's not there I'm not sure what to do. When I open an animated gif file Photoshop looses all the data so you can only see the first frame (even tho the animation timeline feature was added to Photoshop CS3??? Can I say... WTF?) The solution they're purposing is to open the gif in Fireworks. Oh, that's great... if you HAVE Fireworks. I have the Adobe Design Premium package - and that doesn't include Fireworks. UGH. I can open it in Flash, but the editing tools in Flash suck. Man oh man... sorry for the vent!

Edit...

My solution for this is as follows:

Open the animated gif in Flash. Then export the movie as MOV file. Open Photoshop CS3. Choose File - Import - Video Frames to Layers...

Window - Animation will show you the animation time line frames thingy.

Again, does anyone else find it ridiculous that a program that can create animated gifs can't open them??? Also sorry that my solution requires Flash.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flex Advanced Data Grid collapses on refresh

Flex TabNavigator - tab click event?

Add and remove lineseries - Flex LineChart