the almighty Google looses a round?

Over the past month or so I have been working with an IA and some developers to create a proof of concept desktop widget. After the IA did some research and we decided on some wireframes, I did the visual and interaction design, sent the developers my mock ups and assets and let them go. The point of the exercise was to mainly get a sales tool, but also to discover the limitations between platforms.

The three that have been created so far have been a Google Gadget, a Yahoo Widget, and an Adobe Air application. According to the developer working on the Google Gadget it is a nightmare. It came out looking the least like my mock ups that's for sure. The Yahoo one looks pretty nice, but it doesn't do any of the cool transitions and stuff I asked for. The Air, well, I guess I'm an Adobe lover anyway, but it came out the best by far. I think that maybe what we were trying to create may have been a bit beyond Google and even Yahoo’s capabilities.

I wish I could show you, but yeah... company policy and all that.

And I know, I know. I need to design my own damn background for this blog. I’ll get around to it eventually... maybe...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flex Advanced Data Grid collapses on refresh

Flex TabNavigator - tab click event?

Add and remove lineseries - Flex LineChart